Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      basketcase

Hi, thanks for the excellent package selection and all the work youve done to help make pro server setups. I have been using it for months now and very happy with the results. All was crispy until recently, where i unfortunately it seems i ran into a bug.

During one of the recent apt update/upgrade sessions, the openssh-server app was replaced with 1:9.2p1-3myguard~jammy which was built against a different version than the libraries referenced so basically i have a version mismatch issue and im too nooblette.com/script-kiddie to work it out:)

Any ideas?

• #3798 Reply
      basketcase1

Ah forgot to mention, the issue relates to the openssl libraries used. I have a make-do solution using a copy built from source on the local machine using the generic openssh-server package but its not running under systemd etc, not ideal.

Will try apt sourcing your package and building your version on local machine. Will report back findings.

• #3799 Reply
      basketcase3

Problem info:

OpenSSL header version… 300000a0 (OpenSSL 3.0.10+quic 1 Aug 2023)
      OpenSSL library version… 30100020 (OpenSSL 3.1.2+quic 1 Aug 2023)

error: Your OpenSSL headers do not match your
      library.

• #3803 Reply
      UUUU

Seem to have the same problem as @basketcase3. Can’t ssh into a new Ubuntu 20.04, Debian 12 VM or LXC after installing your repo.

Only get below message with your repo.

OpenSSL version mismatch. Built against 30000080, you have 30100020

• #3804 Reply
      Player701

Yeah, it appears that the latest OpenSSH packages for jammy have been erroneously built against OpenSSL 3.0.8 instead of 3.1.2. Or maybe I’m doing something wrong, but that was a standard apt upgrade. Got the following error:

> OpenSSL version mismatch. Built against 30000080 you have 30100020.

and had to roll back to the official Ubuntu packages for now.

• #3805 Reply
        Player701

Also confirmed with a fresh VM install of Ubuntu 22.04. (/usr/bin/ssh: OpenSSL version mismatch: built against 3.0.8, you have 3.1.2)

• #3806 Reply
          Jeroen

Same. Had it fixed by temporary preferring the Ubuntu repos for three packages:

`
          Package: openssh*
          Pin: origin deb.myguard.nl
          Pin-Priority: 1

Package: openssl*

Package: libssl*
          `

I’ve set this in the apt preferences file (/etc/apt/preferences.d/99myguard).

• #3807 Reply
      Jake

Your repo has messed up my ssh I have wasted hours and am not able to repair it.

• #3836 Reply
        Thijs Eilander
        Keymaster

Hi, sorry there was something wrong with openssl while I was in the hospital.

The repo has been fixed.

You should be able to do
        apt-get update
        apt-get reinstall openssl

Sorry for the inconvienience. If I can help you please let me know.

• #3808 Reply
      Thijs Eilander

sorry all, openssl 3.1.x got builded when I was in the hospital, shouldn’t have happened. It’s fixed now, 3.0.11+quic is on the repo now.

Sorry again for the delay

• #3856 Reply
        Player701

Thank you very much, I can confirm it’s working now.

Viewing 6 reply threads
Reply To: SSH version mismatch
Your information: