Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Player701

Hello, and thank you very much for your continued maintenance of this project.

It seems as if some packages in the main repository (e.g. postfix, unbound) haven’t been updated for almost 2 months. Perhaps there’s been some problem with the build process? Or have these packages been abandoned entirely? E.g. Postfix 3.7 was released in early February, but the latest version in this repo appears to be 3.6.4.

In case this matters, I’m on Ubuntu 20.04 (Focal Fossa), and the CPU architecture is AMD64. I’ve been using your repository for about half a year for now, and never had any trouble with updates. Maybe I ought to change my apt settings? In /etc/apt/sources.list.d/deb.myguard.nl.list it says: “deb [arch=amd64] https://deb.myguard.nl focal main”. I’m not using the openssl3 repo due to potential backwards-compatibility concerns regarding packages from other repositories.

• #1056 Reply
      Thijs Eilander
      Keymaster

Hello Player701,

Thanks for letting me know, seems there was a conflict of patches in postfix, I’ll try to fix this as soon as possible.
      Buildsystem was broken for Unbound, rebuilding now

Thanks for letting me know, and thanks for being a user ;-)

With kind regards,
      Thijs Eilander

• #1059 Reply
      Player701

Hello again, and thank you very much for looking into this. Just did an apt update + upgrade to latest versions, everything seems to be OK so far!

• #1201 Reply
      Player701

Hello again, just letting you know that there’s probably something wrong with the build system again because Unbound 1.16.0 was released on June 2nd, and it’s been more than 2 weeks since then, but the version in the repo is still 1.15.0.

• #1202 Reply
      Thijs Eilander
      Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you. Certain packages like Unbound are not updated automaticly because I suspect on forehand they’ll break, so I need to start the process by hand. (this will eventually be fixed when I move the package to sbuild instead of pbuilder). I guess I missed the announcement of the update.

Thank you for reminding me.

• #1203 Reply
      Player701

Hello! No problem, the new version now seems to be up, and everything’s running OK. Thank you very much!

• #3790 Reply
      Player701

Greetings again!

Ubuntu 20.04 (focal) is apparently out of support, so I’ve been looking to upgrade to 22.04 (jammy). The only blocker so far seems to be Dovecot, as their official package repository (repo.dovecot.org) does not support 22.04.

The problem is that repo.dovecot.org provides the 2.3.20 release, but the newest version available here in this repo is only 2.3.19, so I would have to downgrade. 2.3.20 was released in December 2022, could you please do an update, if possible?

Thank you very much.

• #3794 Reply
        Thijs Eilander
        Keymaster

Sure, updated now. Sorry for the delay, I need to work on the monitoring someday.

• #3795 Reply
      Player701

No problem at all, and thank you very much. Gonna try upgrading one of these days…

Viewing 7 reply threads
Reply To: Reply #1056 in Abandoned?
Your information:

Cancel